Most Recent Experience
National Association of Cannabis Businesses, Consulting & Web Design, www.nacb.com, Nov 2018 – Jan 2019
Consulted and produced a website portal for members-only content. Site was built in Higher Logic using HTML5, CSS, PHP
Center for the Arts Eagle Rock, Graphic design & signage, Los Angeles, www.cfaer.org, March 2016 – Nov 2017
Designed and implemented the marketing for the Warner Jepson retrospective including gallery signage, posters, and other physical promotional materials. All work produced in Adobe Illustrator & InDesign.
Studio Arts, Teaching/Assisting/Designing, Los Angeles, www.studioarts.com, March 2016 – Nov 2017
Teaching Assistant & Teacher for classes in Unity for Game Design, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, VR/AR Production, and UX/UI. I assisted in teaching sections, helping students one-on-one & additional administrative tasks. Secondly, I was contracted to work on the redesign of their website; developed proposals, mock-ups, and began production in Drupal.
Freelance Design & Consulting, Los Angeles, 2005-2015
A. Clements Arts - Online marketing via MailChimp, event/gallery design, mold-making, & concrete casting.
Make-up Workshop – makeoverworkshop.com Graphical updates and photo-retouching for Squarespace online store.
Pinnacle Productions – Produced event registration system using RegOnline, which included email blast, microsite, & event metrics.
Crown City Medical Group – crowncitymed.com Consulted in website design, style guide, and mobile applications.
Audible.com – audible.com Designed visual mockups, wireframes, and style guide for an iteration of their IPhone & Android application.
4mm Games – DefJam RapStar Designed visual and UI/UX docs for “DefJam Rapstar”, an XBOX platform game with a content-heavy social backend, which included registration, user profiles, multimedia pages, ranking pages, ajax overlays, and data-heavy screens. Also worked on mobile adaptations of the game for iOS, involving IA flowcharting and screen mock-ups.
HBO – hbo.com, Produced email blasts for HBO marketing. Project involved client interaction, converting print-ads to web-ready art, coding emails in html/css, and cross-platform testing.
F.Schumacher & Co – fschumacher.com
Contracted to design and implement a new blog/magazine for their website. Project involved art direction, developing a custom wordpress theme on an .asp framework, developed custom Twitter and Facebook widgets. Custom coding in php/css/html/xml.
Economist.com, www.economist.com, Senior Web Designer, New York, 2006 – 2008
– Lead visual designer for the Economist Debate Series, a special section designed to generate social networking and political dialog. Awarded Best Interactive Feature, American Society of Magazine Editors, 2008.
– Project manager and Lead visual designer for Economist.com Mobile Edition. Worked with third party vendor to meet UI/UX standards, style-guides, and taxonomy. Additionally designed front page Audio Video modules.
– Redesigned Economist.com (launched mid-2008), and continued work on visual design/UI/UX for secondary and tertiary pages.
– Designed in-house and client-based ad campaigns, involving building microsites, banner ads, and email newsletters. Generating over 1 million in advertising per quarter. Clients: IBM, Microsoft, HSBC, BT, Xerox, VW, BP.
– Produced mock-ups of editorial pages and designed interface elements.
– Wrote content for online ‘Cities guide’ section.
Scholastic, www.scholastic.com, Web Designer, New York, 2005
Designed marketing driven microsites, banner ad campaigns, and page mock-ups in Photoshop and Illustrator, then coded them in HTML and CSS for web promotional projects and clients.
Pratt Institute, www.pratt.edu, Admissions Counselor, New York, 2003-2005
Coordinated student admissions for the northeast and southern US, represented Pratt at public events, and conducted portfolio evaluations with students at one of the consistently ranked top 5 art schools in the United States while enrolled in a masters program at Pratt.
Gameloft, www.gameloft.com, Interactive Designer, New York, 2000 – 2002,
Web Designer for Ubisoft-owned game industry portal/news site. Graphic updates, UI/UX, marketing, and concept design. Majority of work was produced in Adobe Photoshop, 3D Studio Max, and hand-drawn concept sketching.
Ask.com, www.ask.com, Content Editor, San Francisco, 1997 – 1999
Content Editor for intl search engine: covering computer software/hardware, video games, design resources.
Floating Company, Sausalito, 1996 – 1997
Production artist and assistant for conceptual design studio. Primary client was Disney Imagineering, worked on project proposals for ‘Disney California’ and developed in-house properties. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, model making.
Skellington Productions, “James and the Giant Peach”, San Francisco, 1994 – 1996
Production assistant and buyer for 4 special effects departments. Included budgeting, accounting, vendor relations. To date, the movie has earned $28,934,758, also popularized stop-motion animation and practical special effects.
- Design: Experience with visual UX/UI and development for web, Iphone, Ipad, & Android.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Content design & layout, typography, illustration.
- Unity for VR, AR & Game design.
- UX/UI: InDesign, Adobe XD, research skills, storyboarding.
- Programming & Coding: C#, HTML, XML, CSS, BBEdit, TextWrangler.
- Research: 2yrs working for search engine, SEO, tagging, metadata.
- Project management: Trellis, Github, Basecamp
- Email: Gmail, MailChimp, RegOnline.
- Music production: Ableton, Logic X, Audacity, Processing, Pure Data, hardware: Akai, Elektron, Waldorf, DSI, Soundcraft, Yamaha.
- Writing: art review & critique for Flash Art, M Magazine, Economist.com, copyediting various marketing materials.